Thursday, April 05, 2012

Talk Amon---- Amongst Yourselves

As I mentioned a few days ago, my sister is getting married tomorrow. I'll be taking the day off of both work and blog for the occasion, and I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to sleep in by having a night out on the town tonight.

So, sorry... but no witty blog post for you tonight or tomorrow. I should be back in action Saturday.

For those of you hoping for something, I'll leave this little nugget for discussion. Yesterday, I had a repeated attack of hiccups. It's not something I'm prone to, but for whatever reason, I had hiccups come and go five times -- sometimes for as long as half an hour before I could shake them. The one sure-fire cure that seems to work for me is eating a spoonful of peanut butter, but I didn't have a jar handy at work yesterday during most of the "attacks."

Is there a hiccup cure you swear by?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived over 30 years thinking that all hiccup cures were BS... then someone taught me one that actually works every time for me. My sure fire hiccup cure is something better demonstrated than explained, but basically you plug your ears and nose with your fingers and drink as much of a glass of water thru a straw as you can before you hiccup again. If you don't have a straw there is an advanced technique that you can pull off without the straw, but you look extra silly doing it... worth it to get rid of the hiccups though.

JS

Joshua Delahunty said...

Wait, wait! I know this one! It involves saying "pineapple," right? :-) (a little late to the party, too. )