Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Inflation

Bouncy castles aren't just for children. That seems to be the subtext behind the Insane Inflatable 5K race, a nationwide touring event that stopped this past weekend here in Denver -- and in which I took part.

It's a 5K race peppered with a number of giant inflatable obstacles: towering slides....


...a "Mattress Run" booby-trapped with holes...


...the deceptively difficult "Wave Runner"...


...and more. "Racing" was very much optional in this event; the vast majority of people (like me and my group) walked the entire course. That made it just my speed. A good time was had by all.

That said, we only found out about the race a week beforehand, and even with a Groupon deal, I think we wound up paying "last minute prices" to get in. (Events like this tend to scale up in cost when you register closer to the actual date.) In other words, yes it was fun, but not entirely worth the price we paid. I'm still putting it out there though, in case advance warning helps anyone interested in hunting down a more reasonable ticket price. If we find a better deal when it comes back around next year, I could see us all doing it again.

Because bouncy castles aren't (or at least, shouldn't be) just for children.

No comments: