Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Better Use the Last Two Wishes More Wisely...

It was following last week's episode of Caprica that I remarked on its likely cancellation. It turns out it was an imminent cancellation; the very next day, Syfy pulled the plug.

Five episodes remain, but they were pulled immediately. Syfy thinks they can get better ratings from Nielsen in the critical November weeks by airing reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation than they can with new episodes of Caprica. Yikes. And I can't really say they're wrong. Double yikes.

They say they'll air the other episodes in early 2011. (Obviously not during February, another Nielsen Sweeps month.) But I can't say I'll be on pins and needles until then.

My first wish was for Caprica to actually show significant signs of improvement. But failing that, my wish was to just have it canceled and over with sooner rather than later. Well... wish granted, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See! It's all your fault.
(Not that I was watching the show anymore, anyway...)

And now they're going for ANOTHER Galactica prequel?
Sheesh.

FKL