Friday, November 05, 2010

I'm on a Spaceship with George Takei

I've been more of a "one-hour drama" kind of TV viewer for a while now, but I've actually been catching more sitcoms lately than I have for years. A lot of great new ones debuted last season and have only been getting better this year.

One is the sadly underwatched Community, which has been letting its freak flag fly this season with incredibly bizarre episodes parodying Apollo 13, something vaguely Good Will Hunting-esque, and more. For their Halloween episode, they decided to make a mini zombie movie, and actually just went for it.

The strange-awesome icing on the cake of that episode was the opening and closing narration by George Takei. And he signed off of the episode with (paraphrasing): "something special for the Kevins of the world."



Well, my name isn't Kevin... but a half a minute in Audicity fixed that audio up fine for my purposes. (grin)

No comments: