Friday, December 31, 2010

Good Riddance to 2010

Every year brings good and bad into people's lives. But as I reflect back on the year that comes to an end tonight, I realize that for a too-large number of people in my life, it's brought far more bad than good. Long-running stress about work, serious disease, ugly breakups, even unexpected and untimely deaths (yes, more than one). It seems like 2010 has been only just short of everything the "prophecies" say 2012 is supposed to be.

I'm hoping to start 2011 on a happy note myself, and to that end, I'm pleased to report that come Monday, I'm starting a new job. (Something that many of you reading this may already know.) I've been with the same company -- albeit one that was purchased by Sony Online Entertainment a while back -- since I was laid off and left Virginia nearly six years ago. It's been a lot of fun, and leaving it means I won't get to see a lot of wonderful people as often as I've become accustomed to.

The good news is that my new job, at Dire Wolf Digital, should offer all the highs of the best of my time at SOE, and even brings a reunion with some of the people I used to work with there. I'm excited about the work we'll all be doing together.

Out with the old, in with the new. Happy new year, everyone!

2 comments:

Joshua Delahunty said...

Awesome! I can't believe this wasn't leaked internally. We have good security! So glad you're coming aboard, Evan!

"Pineapple!" :-)

Chris Lobban said...

Nice, congrats on the new job! And I see Bojo's already there (from the press release), so that'll be cool.

I've never even heard of that company before, but if you're looking for playtesters for the Lego TCG just let me know. My 4yo is HUGE into all the Lego games right now, so I'm sure he'll be happy to play. ;-)