Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Swag

Alright, I lied. One more post about my Orlando trip. A couple of people have asked me what souvenirs or "trip swag" I decided to bring back. So here's the rundown, if you care:

A wand from Ollivanders. Duh. My boyfriend and I each picked one up, his an Ollivanders original, mine a Narcissa Malfoy reproduction. We found out afterward that each of us had bought the other's "second choice." (Awwwwwwwww.)

A Slytherin T-shirt. I complained earlier about my inability to buy a badass Slytherin rugby jersey, but that disappointment wasn't great enough to make me not want a decent Slytherin T-shirt they did have.

A Bubba Gump Shrimp Company souvenir glass. It's not that I really wanted one, but it came free with the drink I ordered. In any case, it will serve as an occasional reminder to find a good Shrimp New Orleans recipe someday.

A scale model of the Back to the Future DeLorean. It's a toy maybe 8 inches long or so, one of a set of three. They had one for each movie, each with a different look, but I went with the original. It's my favorite movie; I had to have it.

A "Seagulls from Finding Nemo" T-shirt. It's a row of several dozen squawking seagulls, with "Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine" scrawled below them. I wanted a "Disney shirt," but not necessary a Disney shirt. This seemed the perfect solution.

Blue Man Group drum sticks. I debated between an ordinary pair of what appear to be 5A sticks painted blue, and a plastic pair with tips that light up when you strike something. I was given good advice, and agreed that the latter, while novel, were less practical. The regular sticks I did end up purchasing are with my drum kit right now, and have indeed been used.

And there it is, a pretty good mix I think of things that will get used and things that will simply get looked at. Until I figure out how to make the wand actually do magic, anyway.

2 comments:

Tom said...

The Mine shirt is the best shirt in the Disney parks, well chosen.

Chuck said...

LWC has the Mine shirt and gets many comments when she wears it. Nicely done.