Wednesday, April 06, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 1

There's a meme making the rounds on Facebook right now, the "30 Day Song Challenge." It's 30 "questions" delving into your personal musical tastes. I figured if I did it, it would also be 30 days you get to read about something other than movies and television. (Non-consecutively, though. I figure I can't break format that much.) So with that, let's get started!

Day 1: Your favorite song.

If you ask me, they put the toughest one first. I find it hard to believe that anybody out there with even a casual love for music could possibly have just one favorite song. I know I certainly don't. I had to find a way to narrow the focus here beyond "One of Several Thousand Songs I've Rated 5 Stars on My iPod."

I found my answer as I was considering a song for Day 30 of this exercise -- Your favorite song at this time last year. Inherent in that topic seemed to be the notion that you never really do have one favorite song forever, just a favorite song right now.

Okay, that I can do.

If you follow the blog, then you know I'm a fan of Glee. At any given moment, I'm sure some song from Glee is among my current "most frequently played" songs. And right now, the focus of that attention is "Don't You Want Me," from the Blame It On the Alcohol episode.



A close second would be Glee's pop anthem "Loser Like Me" from the most recent Original Song episode.

But ask me about my favorite song again before this whole "30 Day Song Challenge" is over, and you'd probably get a different answer.

No comments: