Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Barenaked in Denver

Alright! Cable's back, and everything's back up and running again. I have a fair number of trip stories to share, but I'm gonna backtrack and catch up on them in the days ahead, because I'm more excited about what I did tonight.

I don't often attend concerts. There's a variety of tiny reasons why, but they all add up to the fact that I don't usually enjoy myself. But years back, one concert I remember having a very good time at was Barenaked Ladies, when they were touring for Stunt. Tonight, they were in Denver on their tour for Barenaked Ladies Are Me, and I was eager to check it out.

I'm happy to say it was a great show. I think I enjoyed them even more than the last time. I would hope that anybody who considers themselves a BNL fan has seen them in concert at least once, because they really put on a great show. They have a lot of fun on stage. It shows, and it's infectious.

Times and technology have moved on a lot since Stunt, and now BNL tours with a nifty technological twist: you can buy a USB stick at the show with that night's concert, right there at the event. So the concert doesn't have to be a one-shot, flash-in-the-pan sort of thing you might struggle to remember years later. Now you can listen to the very concert you attended, any time you want.

Immortalized in 1s and 0s is the one-night-only performance of the improvised rap about 14th & Arapahoe (cross streets in downtown Denver). There for you to enjoy every November is their uh... heart-warming(?)... tribute to the season, "Feliz Thanksgiving." And rockin' versions of nearly all their most well-known songs along the way.

It may well be that I don't go to another concert again until the next time Barenaked Ladies are coming through town. But I'll be sure not to miss it when they do.

2 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

Ok getting the show you just listened to is an awesome idea! There's a lot of people I'd do that for. Especially comedians like Robin Williams who do a lot of town specific things.

I'll have to hear this sometime. ;)

DrHeimlich said...

If you're further interested in this whole "getting their live concerts" thing: here's a web site where you can purchase ANY of their live concerts from this tour. Denver's not up yet, but will be soon.

And each show has the complete set list of what they played that night!