Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What Are You Going To Do Next?

Heimlich Maneuvers is taking a few days off. I know what you're thinking:


Okay... maybe not. But nevertheless, I'm heading to Anaheim, to attend GenCon SoCal in a work capacity, demoing the upcoming Stargate TCG my company is working on.

I'm actually going to be walking distance from Disneyland, to which I have never been. Somebody suggested to me that maybe I should take advantage of the after-hours time and actually go. I wondered what I could do that would possibly be worth doing in the few evening hours I'd have, particularly for the price I'm sure it costs to get in. But who knows... this is one of those rare work trips where I'm traveling alone, so maybe I'll be looking for something to do to pass the time.

In any case, you'll have to get by until Sunday without your daily dose of the inane courtesy of yours truly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's Stargate? just kidding I love that show! going to Disneyland just to say you've been is reason enough! have fun!

the mole

GiromiDe said...

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Stargate?! My wife is very intrigued.

Kathy said...

Rides at Disneyland that are fun with shorter lines (usually):

Jungle Cruise (darkness is a must)
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Mad Hatter's Teacup Ride

Anything without the long lines would probably be enjoyable, even just because of the kitch factor since you've never ridden any of them before.

So go in, get a quickpass or whatever they're called for Space Mountain, ride anything in the vicinity with a shortish line, then ride the mountain. Head to Thunder Mountain Railroad and get a quickpass, ride rides with shortish lines, etc. Then right before you leave, hit the Jungle Cruise and then head for the gates.

(Of course, I've been to Disneyland/World about 20 times, starting when I was 3 months old, so I'm biased.)

Trundling Grunt said...

have a good trip.