Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shock

On the one hand, it seems a little weird to talk about serious personal misfortune in an impersonal internet setting like this. On the other, it seems weirder still to just carry on with my usual fluffy blog snark and not acknowledge it. So...

My brother-in-law died this morning. He was only around 30 years old, so to say this came as a shock doesn't begin to convey the unusual situation here. (There aren't any details or explanations at the moment.) The rest of the family and I are just trying to figure out to be there for my sister and her two-year-old daughter.

No profundity here. Just shock.

7 comments:

Sangediver said...

I can't imagine the shock that you're feeling. It's shocking being on the outside of the family. Our thoughts are with you and your sister. As I told you earlier, don't hesitate if you need ANYTHING. Also, please make sure your sister understands Mika (sp?) is fine here for as long as needed.

Roland Deschain said...

Wow. I don't even have words. I'm stunned. Please, if any of you need anything at all, let me know.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read this.
As Sangediver said, it's shocking from without -- can't imagine the feeling from within.
Hang in there.

FKL

Chuck said...

Our thoughts are with you and all your family.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

this is where typing words fails to translate properly into the depth of emotions felt. my thoughts are with you and your family as well.

the mole

Anonymous said...

Even if we are only casual acquaintances, I cannot help but but feel shock and sadness at the event striking your family and you. All my best wishes accompany you in these though times.

Jean-Luc Simard