Monday, October 07, 2013

The Final Throes

This spot was originally going to be my review of the new movie Gravity. But then my computer continued -- accelerated -- its downward spiral into obsolescence.

The power cable and adapter have ceased to function reliably. Plug the thing in, and the power winks on and off, charging up the laptop's battery about 1 to 5 seconds at a burst, every two or three minutes. It's probably not a good thing for me to leave the laptop plugged in under those conditions, but I would like to get enough of a charge for a current backup (I'd fallen behind in the move), and I kind of don't care if the thing blows up at this point anyway. That would be only a marginal decline from its normal performance.

Thoughts on any good laptops these days, anyone? Desktop computers and tablets need not apply.

1 comment:

John B. said...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-17-3-34-laptop-8gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive-prestige-silver/8968379.p?id=1218957871989&skuId=8968379#tab=overview

I just bought this one last week to replace my 7 year old laptop.

Core i7 processor, 17" screen, great speakers, really fast.