Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Following Takes Place Between 9-0 and 2-1-0

I was looking at my season 4 box set of 24 the other night, and I notice on one of the discs there is an episode commentary featuring one of the writers and "Shannen Doherty."

I think to myself "oh... well, there must be someone on the show who happens to have the same name. And how unfortunate being them."

But I popped the commentary on, and nope -- it is indeed that Shannen Doherty. Which begs the question:

Why the hell is she giving commentary on a 24 episode?

They pretty much invite the question right at the beginning of the commentary. The two come on and say some crap about how she's a big fan and happened to be in the area and so here she is to give commentary on this episode.

I'm a big fan too. You don't hear me on the any of the episodes.

But hey... if you've been dying to know what Shannen Doherty thinks of 24, then think of this as a little Christmas miracle come true for you.

8 comments:

Shocho said...

I thought the title of this post was funny.

And I like Shannon Doherty, I don't care what anybody says.

GiromiDe said...

Shannon Doherty is hot, hot, hot.

TheGirard said...

i bet you if you wrote them about how devote you are and watch every single commentary track on every DVD...EVAR, I bet they'd let you do one.

Knowing yer luck, it'd probably be the cougar episode. ;)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Kiefer Sutherland is going to do commentary on the Scare Tactics DVD set? little bit of cross-promotion maybe?

if she's such a big fan, maybe she'll show up in an episode and get tortured by Jack :-)

-the mole

Anonymous said...

eek! I just realized after reading my posting that may be the reason she was "in the area" and giving commentary. kind of a cast member from the future giving commentaries in the past type of thing.

so um, is this a spoiler or what?

-the mole

Anonymous said...

Clever post title, dude.

FKL

GiromiDe said...

Hmm... Doherty returns to Fox to co-star in its biggest drama? Seems very plausible.

I just hope she spends considerable time in skimpy or no clothing. Given our luck, she'll be a suit at CTU.

(And can we please, please, please not have so much CTU this time around?)

DrHeimlich said...

The commentary was actually recorded back even before all the season 4 episodes first ran on TV (around April), so it's not a spoiler of her coming on the show... except possibly in the general sense of "her people want to talk to their people."