Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Whole New Kind of Garage Band

It seems like every year, somebody's crazy Christmas light spectacular makes a viral splash on the internet. This year is no different.

Behold! Christmas Light Hero!



For more details on the creation of this display, you can check out this article. But the detail I'm most interested in isn't there: how many different songs does it play? I mean, I'm a fan of Cliffs of Dover. Great song. But if my next door neighbor was blasting it repeatedly for hours on end every night throughout the month of December, I think I'd be ready to jump off the Cliffs of Dover.

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

Ok it's kinda cool that he addressed the music with the neighbors thing by having the music broadcast over a low power FM station (like they do at the drive in.) But COME ON - I don't know that I'd even put up a Christmas Tree if I lived next to a former Disney Imagineer.

It could be made of solid GOLD and it would still suck in comparison.