Thursday, June 02, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 21

Day 21: A song that you listen to when you're happy.

I found it a little hard to draw a distinction between this category and an earlier one in the challenge, a song that makes you happy. I do recognize the difference between music for when you're already happy, and music that gets you there -- it's just that most songs I'd be inclined to put in one category could just as easily go in the other.

For example, I considered choosing "We Used to Be Friends" by The Dandy Warhols. But I think my main association there is that it's the theme song to Veronica Mars. So the song is more "make me happy" than "already happy," because it's a Pavlovian cue that I'm about to watch Veronica Mars. (On second thought, maybe it makes me sad that Veronica Mars didn't last longer?)

Pondering it some more, I've decided to select "Dizz Knee Land" by Dada. When there's already a smile on my face, this song somehow makes it wider.

No comments: