Friday, March 16, 2007

I Must Be Traveling On Now

To some of you, the significance of this image will not be readily apparent...


...but some of you will immediately know why I was bouncing off the walls this afternoon. I finally managed to beat Free Bird on Expert difficulty in Guitar Hero II. And well ahead of schedule, if you use the first Guitar Hero as a benchmark, anyway. I pounded my head against the wall of Bark at the Moon and Cowboys From Hell in the first one until literally the night before Guitar Hero II was released, and it seemed only knowing that the new game was imminent drove me to finally beat them. This time, just a happy moment of zen focus or whatever, and there it was.

I suppose you could say I still have challenges to beat in getting 5 stars on all the songs. But yeah, like that'll happen.

(Anyway, I should now in theory focus more attention on learning to play my real guitar.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. congrats! I know what it's like to beat a very hard game. (not that one yet...)

my brother's store recently had a Guitar Hero "tournament" you might want to check your local GameStop to see if they have those types of game competitions around you (different games every other week or so) he said there was only one guy there who was decent at the game, you would probably destroy everybody!

rock on!
the mole

Cush1978 said...

Congrats! I finished Hard Mode on GH2 and just started Hard Mode on GH1. I got 5 stars on all of Easy/Medium mode on both. Quite a jump to Hard in both games.

Getting 5 stars in a mode in GH1 doesn't "do" anything. In GH2 you unlock stuff. Getting 100% (full combo) on a song in GH1 does nothing, in GH2 you get yellow stars.

Just as I've never been able to get all As in any Heavy Mode DDR, I don't think 5 stars in Hard Mode will happen any time soon...

Sangediver said...

As always, I'm impressed.

To quote a mutual friend, "I can't play that game. You need five fingers and I only have 3".

I'm still waiting to see your attempt of the new challenge (GH2 + DDR) ;)