Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 7, 1:00-2:00 PM

Bill and Chloe's bright blue van is as cleverly inconspicuous as the big yellow armored truck the baddies have.

Is this Chloe's first time outside since she got all secret agent badass and shot people up in like season 5?

Here's some more shoe leather to attempt to further justify how Tony is not dead.

Bill says we're "nearing the endgame." There are 18 hours and 50 minutes to go. We don't believe him.

Bill says Agent Walker needs to "stay dead." You know, exactly the way Tony didn't.

Matobo says Jack can't promise his wife won't be tortured. I'm pretty sure Jack can't promise anyone won't be tortured.

Matobo's wife has been by his side for 22 years. That's like 8030 seasons.

They must comply with the terrorist's demands "within the hour." (Drink!)

I really think even with this mystical device, it wouldn't be so easy to engineer a midair collision. There's a lot of air up there, and not a lot of planes filling it except right around airports. To turn two planes to exactly the right angles, and moving at exactly the right speeds? That's like solving a "two trains leave the city in opposite directions..." riddle on the fly -- in three dimensions -- in a matter of seconds.

I gotta side with this Joe guy over the whole resignation thing.

I'm pretty sure that even if it was David Palmer being this stubborn over throwing away American lives, I wouldn't side with him. I mean, they've now been grounding planes for several hours, so everyone is clearly going to know that the White House was aware of a potential crisis and didn't stop it.

Man, it's a good thing the bad guys are taking so damn long to meet up with Jack and Tony.

Colm Feore had an easy week. Just sit there. You don't have any lines.

Really, even Samantha goes into her own apartment using a key under the mat? Does she not have a key ring?

And then she's stupid enough to ask Henry Taylor how he got in? How about the same way you just did?

I've seen enough CSI to think that as nice as those arm-length gloves Agent Gedge is wearing are, he'd still get blood all over his shirt from the way he stabbed Samantha.

One van pulls up, and four bad guys get out. Where exactly are they planning to put Matobo and his wife, in the trunk?

Ah, well, obviously they planned on having two guys killed while they were meeting Tony, because now there's plenty of room.

Samantha sure had one hell of an apartment.

If I ever have a bodyguard in my life, I'm sorry, but he'd better be able to kick my ass. If he can't, then it follows that I can beat up anybody he can, so what good is he? What I'm saying is, Gedge turned out to be such an inept bodyguard that he couldn't stop a half-paralyzed man twice his age from getting the drop on him. So he gets what he deserves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

of course Jack and Tony knew about the eventual double-cross and were able to EASILY chump those guys. like Gandalf and Aragorn hacking through hordes of orcs, it's like you shouldn't even be worried about those guys. (of course you've heard the line- Jack would have gotten The Ring to Mordor in 24 hours!)

how many fictional-murder-setups have been ruined by CSI? 10 years ago we would have all accepted sleeve-gloves as enough to cover up any evidence. I guess I was right, poor hottie didn't stand a chance. that scene was pretty cringe-worthy in a great 24 way. but I think it's believable that Mr Taylor would have gotten the adrenaline rush to strangle his imminent assassin. especially after the brutality he saw moments before.

I'm not buying the collision either. don't those planes have windows on them? I know they are travelling fast, but I think there would be time to react considering you only need to move SLIGHTLY to avoid a collision.

and I think I agree with the President. you can't give in to the demands of that guy at all. or else he will start asking for more outrageous things. I think instead she should be threatening that guy with a "you harm ONE American and we wipe your country off the planet!" (but I can see the argument that all you need to do is stall this guy until his miracle tech' thing is overridden...)

the mole