Thursday, January 01, 2009

Shut the Hell Up!

Happy New Year, one and all!!!

I'm beginning the year by pointing everyone to a story that's been the talk of more than one gathering of my friends lately, including at a New Year's party last night. A man's family was chatting away with each other in a crowded movie theater. Another man asked them to be quiet, to no avail. He then threw popcorn at the talkers, who kept going.

Then he took out a gun and shot the father in the arm.

Personally, I hope the right kind of jury gets seated for this trial. Because I say since the shooting victim was not actually killed, the shooter is practically a hero. It's not like he went straight to, "shut up, BAM!" He tried asking, and these people wouldn't shut the hell up in a movie theater like you're supposed to. I hope the shooter gets whatever the minimum possible penalty for the aggravated assault charge can be. (As for the attempted murder charge, pshaw! I give him the benefit of the doubt and say he wasn't shooting to kill.)

I'm not saying that I myself want to go to a movie with this guy. But I think I know at least one family that won't be talking during a movie any more. They'll probably never even go again. That's a public service.

3 comments:

Jason said...

At least we all know which hell the shootee will be going to, thanks to Shepherd Book.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. A SPECIAL hell.

FKL

Anonymous said...

awesome. after reading the story, he only shot the guy in self-defense after the noisey guy was approaching him after the throwing of the popcorn. he should counter-suit those people for the cost of the bullet, popcorn, and ticket!

I hope this story becomes an urban legend type of thing where people are afraid to talk in theatres everywhere for fear of being shot.

I'm always the "brave" guy to ask noisy people to shut up in a theatre. I don't understand how nobody else will do it? there are people all around and why do I have to be the one to risk something like this? I KNOW it's bothering more than just me!

the mole