Monday, May 04, 2009

Day 7, 4:00-5:00 AM

I'm ruling that "perimeters" in the re-cap don't count; we've already had a drink for them.

What?! Jack Bauer doesn't get his own "box" in the re-cap this week? Is that the first time ever? No one makes Jack a secondary character!

The best thing Tony and his thugs could tie this poor guy to is a patio chair?

Jack says we're gonna have to widen our "perimeter." (Drink!)

Jack has one season, maybe two to live.

Jack says "please" to Chloe? I don't know this man anymore!

Note how the writers are very carefully avoiding any mention of Allah.

Jack says "please" again? Is "please" the new "dammit?"

Jonas will be released from witness protection "within the hour." (Drink!)

I can believe that a president's chief of staff knows how to get in touch with a hitman. But I'm a little disturbed that this was a contact she'd already developed before she even took the job.

There are people who make new identities working at 4:00 in the morning? What is this, Dark City?

Renee is sorry to bother the man at "such a late hour." Are we not now officially at an "early hour?"

This guy saw Jack on television, making him possibly the only person other than Daily Show writers and political science undergrad majors who actually watches C-SPAN.

They're going to set up an "envelope" around the apartment. I guess that's like a perimeter that people don't escape from.

Is Olivia really planning to pay off a hitman on her computer connected to the White House servers?

Hmmm, the command "Execute" takes on a whole new meaning here.

The man is surprised that Jack won't throw away an innocent man's life. But then, they're not exactly turning around and taking him back, either.

Jonas looks at photos of that family that meant less to him than his own name. We're not touched.

Of course, when a person on television or in the movies looks at a photo of his family, we all know that means he's going to be dead in a matter of-- Oh, see, look there.

That FBI agent appears to be giving the wall a physical.

"Dammit!" (Drink!) There's the Jack we all know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can believe that a president's chief of staff knows how to get in touch with a hitman. But I'm a little disturbed that this was a contact she'd already developed before she even took the job."

Great line. :)

I thought that the scenes between the "I don't plan on doing this my entire life" FBI agent and Jonas were pretty good.

How many hours do we have left now?

FKL

DrHeimlich said...

Three hours left. One next week, two the week after.

Jason said...

I think she knew the "fixer," from when he'd "dug up dirt on Noah Daniels," or whatever it was. That part of things was already established, so I don't have a problem believing she's got a contact for general "Dirty Deeds" (which I'm sure has its own section in the Yellow Pages).

Here's the part I don't buy, though...I'm no expert, having just watched a few Bill Kurtis-narrated "American Justice"-ish shows, but in those shows, you do not arrange a hit, complete with details on the target, travel time for the hitman, money transfer, etc., in the span of 20 to 30 minutes, especially not at 4 in the freaking morning! Was the hitman Aaron's roommate or something? Are they just automatically on call and can be anywhere in Washington in 15 minutes?

Anonymous said...

they totally got me with the banter between "this doesn't bother me" Witness Protection Guy and the new Mr. Tippet. I was thinking they were setting up some dominoes for next season, having this seemingly corruptible agent being seduced by a devious Hodges. then Blammo! it's cool when they surprise you...

I have a hard time believing they will resolve that whole assassination mess in a few hours so they might have set up a whole different set of dominoes? (of course they'll probably wrap it up somehow instead.) I thought it was awesome how Olivia went from frantic-panic-whisper to stoic normal so quickly after her idiotic unsecured cell phone confession.

I thought it was pretty kick-ass of Jack to kidnap that priest guy so the suspected terrorist could not be warned. I'm very shocked that Renee went along with it! she's obviously tired...

the mole

Anonymous said...

No real comment to leave here, but my captcha is "sicspin" and I just couldn't pass it up. :)

FKL