Saturday, November 21, 2009

Eggo Maniacal

Have you heard about the nationwide shortage of Eggo frozen waffles? Basically, a perfect storm of calamities has made it so that Eggo's are expected to be in short supply until well into 2010.

To me, the goofiest thing about this is how hearing this news has made me actually have a small but growing craving for the things. I mean, I have a waffle iron. Making them is not that much trouble at all. And Eggo's really don't taste all that phenomenal. But I'm suddenly going, "man, I could really go for an Eggo right now."

You could almost think it's some kind of conspiracy on the part of Kellogg's to get free publicity... except of course that they don't earn anything off the $50 a box Eggo auctions that people are trying to run on eBay now.

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

Damn - so it's not just a pumpkin shortage now then. What, are we being prepared for systematic food shortages? Should I be practicing my food riot techniques?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34044358/ns/business-food_inc/