Sunday, January 17, 2010

2010 Golden Globes Snark

And now, some random quips and observations about the Golden Globes, recorded as a group of friends watched the ceremony with me.

It took about four minutes for Ricky Gervais to take a slam at NBC. I would have predicted about half that.

I swear, every other word I'm hearing coming out of Nicole Kidman's mouth is "nipples."

My friend called SofĂ­a Vergara's dress a "giant fish tail of ugly."

Paul McCartney looks a kinda like an old woman now. He gives great intro, though.

Kate Hudson seems to have stuffed a swan in her cleavage.

In case you've forgotten what award show you're watching, we put the name on the bottom of the trophies.

Cher can't enunciate through the botox.

After all these years, Kevin Bacon still looks kinda like a stoned teenager.

After the ceremony, Drew Barrymore will put that thing on her shoulder back in the aquarium.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is wearing paper mache.

I guess Kristen Bell is wearing Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Quentin Tarantino looks like the man in the moon.

Ricky Gervais gives Mel Gibson the best introduction EVAR.

James Cameron is flipping everyone the finger with his right hand throughout his entire speech. Freudian slip?

What IS it with James Cameron that he has to quote his own movies whenever he accepts an award??!

Just when I think I've heard the weirdest thing in Arnold Schwarzengger's accent, I learn how he pronounced "AAAAAHvaTAAAAAAH."

Robert Downey Jr. gives the best speech of the night.

The people in the booth are not going to cut off Jeff Bridges.

So, the price of Glee winning (yeah!) is that Avatar won too (boo!). I don't know if that was a worthwhile trade.

2 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

One of the best comments I've read today about the GG:

"(A Golden Globe went to) Sandra Bullock who dared to play a Christian woman who loves football, in America. That's adversity." TheSuperficial.com

Anonymous said...

From now on I'll never be able to call her anything other than "Nipple Kidman."
(And it sounds just the same way to the casual listener...)

FKL