Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iStuff

So today was the big day! Did your world change? I mean, it was supposed to, because Apple officially announced their new gadget, the iPad.

I'd heard this occasion jokingly referred to as "Pad-mas"; I once referred to it myself as "Pad-nukkah" in an attempt to be more inclusive.

But everyone seems to be pretty underwhelmed. In a nutshell, most people don't seem to be convinced that the one nagging problem that was keeping their iPhone from being perfect was its pesky ability to fit in your pocket.

PCWorld wrote a pretty good article summing up reasons to be underwhelmed by the iPad, but they capped it off in brilliant comic fashion by suggesting the optional accessory that would fix everything:

iPants!



I guess I'm saying that while I may have recently bought an iPod, I'm not yet ready to drink the iKool-Aid.

3 comments:

Shocho said...

iWant iPants for my iPad! Hopefully there's a pocket on the other side for my Etch-A-Sketch. Otherwise, I'll be walking funny.

Roland Deschain said...

Yep - they took a laptop, made it fairly useless, and gave it a touchscreen and a pretty look.

I remember a colloquialism along the lines of "can't polish a turd"...

Anonymous said...

Hey, did I see Picard using an iPad on a Star Trek episode?

it's the Segway all over again. why would I want this over a real laptop? (that's a rhetorical question of course...)

the mole