Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Another World

I heard a story tonight that really drove home for me the fact that I have absolutely no concept of what it means to be addicted to drugs.

I have a friend who works at a store on the mall downtown. They have a public restroom. This afternoon, they caught some guy in the bathroom doing a line of cocaine.

...off of a toilet seat.

I cannot conceive of the circumstances that would make me put my nose on the seat of a public toilet. I guess you have to do it behind the stall door in an attempt for privacy. I get that you've probably just bought your fix, and you just can't wait to get home or to some place truly private to go for it. But damn! Toilet seat?

So, like I said: no concept of that level of addiction whatsoever.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I might lick a toilet seat if it meant BSG would have new episodes before October.

TheGirard said...

i'm sure he didn't put his nose on the toilet seat...didn't he have like a rolled up benjamin that he was snorting through?

thisismarcus said...

With three or four other flat surfaces in the room he must have been high before he started.

Anonymous said...

If you can swing a deal where I snort a toilet seat for more Firefly episodes I would CERTAINLY... uh... consider it.