Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thinking of You

I have a Tale From Trivia from tonight, but not about the trivia itself.

At one point, one of the two regular trivia emcees came over to our table. She was asking about one of our players who had shown up late. The weird part? She came straight from the bathroom, walked up to him, and said: "This may sound a little strange, but I was just thinking about you in there."

A little strange?

Oh, she tried to backpedal from/salvage the odd comment a bit by saying, "I'd just noticed you weren't here yet when I glanced over earlier, and I wondered if you were coming." Or at least, she said something like that, I think. My mind was pretty well frozen back at "I was thinking of you in the bathroom." Oh so very many ways to go with that.
  • You're a lot like running water, so thinking of you was helpful.
  • I was wondering if you were doing the same thing I was at that moment.
  • I was doing something unusual in the bathroom, and it reminded me of you.
  • I looked down in the bowl, and what I saw made me think of you.
I'm sure you can add your own to the list. Or perhaps you can think of an appropriate response to actually give, because all we had was "uh... um... Thank? You?"

No comments: