Friday, May 05, 2006

Two Out of Three

I'm sure you probably knew that KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut are all owned by the same parent company (along with a few other fast food places). After all, they seem to be doing those "two-in-one fast food restaurants" more and more. There's Taco Bell-KFC, where you can order chicken nuggets and a burrito. There's Taco Bell-Pizza Hut, where you can get breadsticks and a gordita.

But in my experience, Taco Bell seems to always be one half of the combo. I don't know of any "Pizza Hut-KFCs" out there anywhere. Apparently, there's just something about Taco Bell that demands it get star billing in this fast food trinity.

Anybody got a KFC-Pizza Hut near them that can dispute this?

7 comments:

Jono said...

Yeah, I'm nearly 100% sure there is a KFC-Pizza Hut near me. I'll double check today and let you know. But overall I think you're right about TB being the primary tenant in a double-restaurant.

Jono said...

I was right... there was a KFC-Pizza Hut combo restaurant near me. I posted the pictures I took this afternoon on my blog.

Michael J. Hercus said...

There are several KFC-Pizza Huts near me, but then I'm in Canada and we do everything differently.

Anonymous said...

I know of a KFC-A&W on Arapahoe and a Long Jhon Silvers-A&W near Parker and Arapahoe

Mkae said...

Back in the 80's on High Street on the Ohio Statue University Campus, there was a restaurant called "All In One" and it was a Pizza Hut - KFC - Taco Bell. You could order, from one line, anything from the entire menu. There were days we just went there to try and make ourselves ill. You'd be surprised how easy that was with a personal pan pizza, burrito and drumstick.

Jason said...

We have a KFC/Long John Silver's here in Charlotte

GiromiDe said...

Parker? Arapaho? Sounds like the north Dallas suburbs. This doesn't surprise me. You'd likely see an Arby's-Wendy's for all the chain restaurant madness on display in the greater Dallas.

I'm sick of seeing Dunkin' Donuts-Baskin Robbins popping up all over the place in the Chicago suburbs. The donuts and ice cream are both subpar. And I'd rather see a Sonic in its place, dammit.