Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Crossing the Streams

There's nothing quite like the giddy rush of having two of your geeky passions cross paths. Shocho has been feeling that rush every Monday, when some new comic book reference is made on the latest episode of Heroes.

Well, I got it tonight big time, when Guitar Hero got a shout-out on Veronica Mars. And no mild shout-out either. The game was referenced by name at two different times in the show, and characters were shown actually playing the game on screen. (Totally hamming it up to Smoke on the Water.)

Between that and Veronica working "frak" into her volcabulary in the last two episodes, it's like eating one of those lethal chocolate desserts from a Chili's/Applebee's/Bennigan's type restaurant... I'm on the edge of a very happy coma.

3 comments:

Shocho said...

Mmm, the double dipper. Yep, another Marvel Comics reference on Heroes this week. I like the fact that they realize it's not serious drama. It's fun! And so was VM.

Roland Deschain said...

Heheh...I thought of ya as soon as I saw the Guitar Hero moments. And really, who hasn't bugged their significant other's car or hunted them down with a cell phone gps tracker?

Maybe that's just me.
I've said too much.
*slinks away quietly*

DavĂ­d said...

They had me at "Frak". As for Guitar Hero, I've wanted it for awhile, but been late to jump on that bandwagon. I finally ordered it because I found it for under $50 shipped. Guitar Hero II on the other hand has so many great songs, I will buy it right away.

Also, I assume it was only my local CW affiliate that lost the feed of Veronica Mars with 15 minutes left in the hour. Instead we got to see the syndicated episode of "King of Queens" early. Oh well, time to partake of the gifts of the internet.