Friday, October 13, 2006

Frakky Friday

I was entertained, but not blown away by this week's Battlestar Galactica. Compared to the season premiere, there weren't quite as many good character moments, not as many "impossible decisions," not many moments evoking a strong and visceral reaction. I didn't find it boring or bad; it just fell short of the mark set last week.

Basically, it had "middle chapter syndrome." The wrapping up of the cliffhangers from last week took place in a predictable manner, and then the episode went on with setting up for the big conclusion of the rescue operation in the week(s?) ahead. I imagine that once the whole arc is complete, the complete tale will be a satisfying one. But this episode on its own just didn't have all the elements I love in Galactica.

Chalk it up to Friday the 13th?

3 comments:

DavĂ­d said...

I concur. This seemed like just a "move the plot along" episode with not much else happening.

Anonymous said...

the Boomer-Six "Adama wouldn't lie to me" scene was the highlight. that should pay off big in the future. I also liked the Boomer-Chief scene where she was obviously emotional about Tyrol having "moved on", which I didn't get from the Boomer-Cally scenes in the previous episodes.

and the Brother Cavil talking about how it gets more and more painful to download was a neat thing to mention, too.

I was totally not "looking at the clock" for the episode and when it ended I was all "what!!!!!" next week promises to be action packed all right...

the mole

GiromiDe said...

I'm glad the Chief cleaned himself up for no apparently explanable reason.

The episodes only meat was the stuff with Xena and Hera, which is, as [T]he [M]ole said, a big setup.