Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Rock On!

There's less than a month to go until the release of Guitar Hero II, and the makers of the game have just announced the game's complete song list. (Well, the songs you don't have to unlock, anyway.)

As was the case with the first Guitar Hero, I don't know very many of these songs (though I know most of the groups). And also as was the case with the first Guitar Hero, I expect I'm going to know these songs really well soon enough.

Are any of your personal favorites or requests represented?

1. Opening Licks
Mötley Crüe - "Shout at the Devil"
Danzig - "Mother"
Cheap Trick - "Surrender"
Wolfmother - "Woman"
Spinal Tap - "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight"

2. Amp-Warmers
KISS - "Strutter"
Nirvana - "Heart-Shaped Box"
The Police - "Message in a Bottle"
Van Halen - "You Really Got Me"
Kansas - "Carry On Wayward Son"

3. String-Snappers
Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench"
Alice in Chains - "Them Bones"
Iggy Pop and The Stooges - "Search and Destroy"
The Pretenders - "Tattooed Love Boys"
Black Sabbath - "War Pigs"

4. Thrash and Burn
Warrant - "Cherry Pie"
Butthole Surfers - "Who Was in My Room Last Night?"
Matthew Sweet - "Girlfriend"
The Rolling Stones - "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"
Guns N' Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine"

5. Return of the Shred
Rage Against the Machine - "Killing in the Name"
Primus - "John the Fisherman"
The Sword - "Freya"
Thin Lizzy - "Bad Reputation"
Aerosmith - "Last Child"

6. Relentless Riffs
Heart - "Crazy on You"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart"
Stray Cats - "Rock This Town"
The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica"
Jane's Addiction - "Stop!"

7. Furious Fretwork
Anthrax - "Madhouse"
The Living End - "Carry Me Home"
Lamb of God - "Laid to Rest"
The Reverend Horton Heat - "Psychobilly Freakout"
Rush - "YYZ"

8. Face-Melters
Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast and the Harlot"
Suicidal Tendencies - "Institutionalized"
Dick Dale - "Misirlou"
Megadeth - "Hangar 18"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"

4 comments:

Shocho said...

I know 18 of these songs right off the bat (I'm counting the STP song even though I'm not sure which one it is... damned song titles) which is more than I knew from GH1, so that's pretty cool.

I'm surprised to see the Dick Dale song in the last bracket, it doesn't seem that tough to me. Surf music is just fast.

Nice to know they picked a song for this set by a pretentious band I hate, Kansas (was Boston last time).

Davíd said...

Sweet Child O' Mine will rock my world. I'd been kind of meaning to pick up the first Guitar Hero, but was waiting for some sort of price drop (good luck, I know). With this set of songs, I will have no problem picking up Guitar Hero II at full price.

Anonymous said...

GH1 is on my pile of games I had picked up, but haven't played yet (I got a good deal on a mint-ish pre-owned one) and if I can pick this up for normal price (sans "controller" $$$) I probably will... I recognize a bunch of these by title but I was never really a song-title-rememberin' guy anyway. I think I'll know more when I hear them...

the mole

Dave(id) said...

I am a GH freak, bought it two weeks ago. Fantastic game, top 3 ever for me. Really looking forward to GH2, though I still can't get by medium level Cowboys from Hell or Bark at the Moon in GH1.

The tunes I like, VH "You Really Got Me", Sabbath "War Pigs" and a nice suprise having a Primus in there but Rush "YYZ" takes the top, my fingers hurt already!