Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Actually, We DO Need Another "Hero"

After months of rumors and speculations, this recent press release has finally made it official: an all-80s music mini-edition of Guitar Hero is hitting this summer.

With the announcement, they revealed seven of the songs to be included in the game, and the set list is definitely off to a great start. There's quintessentially 80s songs like I Want Candy, I Ran, and Heat of the Moment, and iconic tracks from metal bands that haven't yet made it into Guitar Hero, like Twisted Sister (I Wanna Rock) and Quiet Riot (Metal Health).

As I said, a great start. But what could fill some of those 23 other slots in the set list to make things perfect? I'm hoping for:

867-5309 by Tommy Tutone
Beat It by Michael Jackson (gotta have the Van Halen solo, right?)
Money for Nothing by Dire Straits
I Wanna New Drug by Huey Lewis and the News
White Wedding by Billy Idol

And let's see... maybe Fire and Ice by Pat Benetar? Maybe Talk Dirty to Me by Poison for one of the "Opening Licks"? Gotta get some INXS in there -- Suicide Blonde? Devil Inside? And hey, I was basically kidding with that Tina Turner "Thunderdome" reference in the post title, but hey, there's guitar in that song...

It looks like this is going to be the smallest song selection of any Guitar Hero yet. But I expect I'll get more play out of it than either of the games that came before.

4 comments:

Sangediver said...

I'm hoping for some classic Prince, John Cougar Mellencamp, and of course a little Kenny Loggins.

Oh and it's GOTTA have some Winger...

DavĂ­d said...

What will make or break it for me is the price. I'm not willing to pay $40 for just another song pack. $20 would be fine, and I'd consider it at $30, but that's about my peak.

Of course, there are rumors that some of the songs in here will be the actual songs and not covers. So things like that or other features could convince me to pay more.

I love the 80s, but only so much.

Mkae said...

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
I Want You To Want Me
Hot For Teacher

I could go on. I might actually buy this one. Will it be released on the XBox?

DrHeimlich said...

I've heard at this point, no X-Box 360 version. But since they've already done downloadable extra songs for GH2, they might offer the new 80s stuff that way.