Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Strange Events at Hogwarts

With the final Harry Potter novel just a couple months away, I recently decided I'd re-read the first six books in the series in time for the release. I was somewhere in the midst of chapter four of Sorcerer's Stone when I turned the page, and this 3x5 photo dropped out of my book:


I have never seen this photo before in my life. Clearly, at some point after reading the book the first time, I loaned it out to someone else, who used this photo as a bookmark and then unintentionally (one would think) passed it to me when returning the book. It has sat there, pressed between the pages for something like five years.

I really can't quite put this picture out of my head. I couldn't finish the chapter for some time after discovering it. I've been scratching my head regularly ever since, trying to figure out who this might have come from. And I'm at a loss for clues, because I don't recognize the person in the photo, nor the room in which it was taken.

I'm a little nervous about what I might find when I read Chamber of Secrets.

6 comments:

Jason said...

I believe you were living with me when you offered to let me borrow the first couple books.

I want my pictures back.

TheGirard said...

I don't believe old man winter, he's just trying to get the photo.

And we know it's not mine, read a book..pfft.

Roland Deschain said...

I can assure you it's not mine! I've listened to all the Harry Potter novels on audiobook.

Besides, everyone who knows me knows that I would never leave photographic evidence of any kind relating to me in an unsecured way. :-D

It would quickly disappear into the black backpack.

/I was never here.
/Red flashy!

Anonymous said...

lol :)

I can't help at all, but I think it's pretty funny. is that a lower-back tatoo? a clue? is that a bracelet or a watch? yeah not too much help there either...

maybe it was like Toy Story, where your book came alive while you were away, and had a wild night?

the mole

Sangediver said...

You sure you're not just having a small Memento moment?

thisismarcus said...

It looks like you with longer hair. The mystery deepens!