Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bringing Democracy to Information

Stephen Colbert's repeated mentions of and digs at Wikipedia have led to something that is simultaneously both ridiculous and frightening -- even by Colbert Nation standards.

Behold Wikiality, Stephen Colbert's (fan's) own personal Wikipedia. You can read all about the world of truthiness, including Colbert's thoughts on The Greatest President Ever, global warming, and (of course) bears. And loads of other things in between.

I think this level of fandom makes the Nuts nuts that saved Jericho look positively normal.

(And not to get sidetracked, but... I didn't think Jericho was a bad show, and I'll probably continue to watch the new episodes when they return... but of all the shows that have been cancelled over the years that I wish had been brought back from the dead, the one that gets the reprieve is Jericho? That's a ruddin' shame, dong ma?)

3 comments:

DavĂ­d said...

I enjoyed Jericho. I wouldn't call it a great show, but it tended to hit all my buttons and make me happy (I'm a sucker for post-apocalytic stuff). It was one of three television shows I regularly watched last year (the others being the cancelled Veronica Mars and the not coming back forever Battlestar Galactica so I'm glad I'll have something to watch in the fall.)

I must admit that I considered sending nuts... but more for the idea that I think sending nuts to a large corporation is humorous.

Jason said...

We all should have sent apples to Fox. And some of them could have even had grenades.

DrHeimlich said...

Ooo, quality reference, Jason.