Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Get Away From Her, You Bitch!

Personally, I always preferred the original movie Alien to its sequel, Aliens. (Yet they're both on my top 100 movie list, and I give plenty of credit to the latter for being as great an action film as the former was a horror film.)

Regardless of favorites, I have to stop and be impressed at the time and effort this guy put in creating a replica of the "M41-A Pulse Rifle" prop from the second movie. It's totally geeky, in a completely kickass kind of way. Or kickass in a geeky way.

Or totally geeky. Or totally kickass. I'm not sure.

(Thanks to FKL for the link!)

3 comments:

Sangediver said...

I just wet myself a little...

GiromiDe said...

I remember when the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History featured the actual Alien Queen and "Fork Lift Suit" (too lazy to look up the name). The Queen was somewhat scary in person, but she wasn't covered in all the goo that would've completed the effect.

As action movies go, James Cameron knows how to make them just artsy enough. It's a shame the franchise went south after the second installment. "Resurrection" made up for some of the disappointment of "3," but it felt very thrown together.

Mkae said...

Doesn't shoot Nerf so how fucking cool can it really be?

I thought so.