Tuesday, June 05, 2007

May Be Hazardous

Some of my readers are Canadian, but most of the rest of you probably haven't seen some of the extreme anti-smoking warnings from that country. I don't know if this pack of cigarettes in particular came from Canada -- I just know we found it thrown on the ground while in Las Vegas:


In my opinion, there's something a little too playful about this one. You know, like when Dumbledore casually tosses away, "the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death." (Although... I guess he was serious.)

3 comments:

Michael J. Hercus said...

It's not Canadian. All of our packs have disturbing pictures alongside the bold warnings. Usually stuff like a black, rotten dissected lung or something.

Some of the printed warnings are pretty basic alongside the pictures. Anyone interested can find the Canadian warnings here: http://www.smoke-free.ca/warnings/Canada-warnings.htm

Anonymous said...

I don't smoke but I feel like I need to brush my teeth after seeing that picture of the mouth!


Jared

Sangediver said...

Too bad the pack doesn't have a warning about not littering ;)