Sunday, July 29, 2007

Back from Comic Con

If you're bummed that you missed Comic Con when you wanted to go, I'm not so sure you should be down. I was there, and I found out more about what was going on at the show on the internet than I actually saw in person.

I did see what I'm told was a record 150,000 people swarming the show floor. It certainly was overwhelming -- the sort of experience that makes you want to go live in solitude in a cave for a while.

Though I suppose if I hadn't gone, I would have missed the booth model who actually had only one leg with a prop machine gun attached:


And Carmen MiVader:

4 comments:

Sangediver said...

So you're saying that I probably got more from the G4 coverage than actually going?

I was just disappointed there wasn't more coverage of the costumes - that would be the main reason to go for me, at least now that I've kicked my Comic Habit...

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that cosplayers should only dress like people they actually resemble. this might be an extreme example but you gotta admire that kinda attitude!

the mole

Jason said...

...and you would have missed the Protein Three Way.

Roland Deschain said...

Officially...

THAT is the most evil way that Darth Vader could be portrayed.

Anyone with the self confidence to go out dressed like that is officially someone that I would not screw with. Even with the help of The Force.

Hail, Lord Vader.

And insert some sexually inappropriate comment here about the Grindhouse girl. :P