Friday, July 20, 2007

Things Are Getting Harry

Speaking on behalf of my friend (not that she asked me to) who works at a book store that's going to be open past midnight tonight selling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, if you're planning to go fight the crowds tonight...

Be nice.

It's not their fault if there's a line out to Privet Drive. An event like this comes along once in a basically never. (I'm betting this'll put the frenzied midnight sales of the previous book to shame.)

Happy reading, everyone.

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

Being the stupid man I am, I wandered into the store after doing my theatre check at Pavilions. Needless to say, I was conscripted into service. Dollys full of books to up and downstairs and then I was made into book bitch. I got to open boxes and make sure that the cashiers had enough.

Just at the 4 registers on the 1st floor, they went through 20 boxes of 10 books each. In 40 minutes.

Potter readers are insane. :P At least they were mostly nice though!

What astounded me was the morons who were coming in before midnight and expecting to pull staff away to look for some educational book or language system and actually EXPECTING they were going to get full attentive service. One guy said he was "being discriminated against" because he wasn't buying Harry Potter.

So no, it wasn't the Potter fans you had to worry about being a problem. Just the normal everyday pricks that seem to show up everywhere and make life a living hell, special event or no.

And now I'll take my book broken back and arms to bed. Hallelujah. :P