Saturday, July 14, 2007

E-Gipped

So, I'm back from my trip, which as some of you know, was to the E3 convention. Which might seem cool on the surface, but you have to consider that this year was the first "scaled down" E3, a mere shadow of the lavish and over-the-top showiness it had become known for in recent years. The splashy presentations and the swarms of people were way, way down.

Now some of you might say, "but so what, it's still E3!"

But consider that this is the room in which I spent all but about one hour of the convention:


This small little 10 x 20 foot ballroom was where my company presented its latest and forthcoming projects to members of the press and other guests who scheduled appointments. And who found us down two flights of stairs in one of several different hotels being used for the events. Most of the time, we were a little busier than what this photo would indicate. But not by much.

The "hangar" area, which was closer to what some of you might expect of E3, was more open, but even more dead I'm told. I did get to quickly tool through it one day and play a few Guitar Hero III songs, try out the recently announced Wii Balance Board... and that's about it.

So I'm basically saying this: don't anyone be jealous about missing out on this year's E3. You didn't miss much.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm glad I went when they still had booth babes.