Friday, June 13, 2008

Inappropriate Themes

The truth is that, while I own a digital camera to in theory take all the pictures I'd ever want to for no real cost, I'm not that much of a shutterbug. I took one picture during my entire Las Vegas vacation. My friend holding up his two $1000 chips from craps? No. (So should have, though.) The group of us standing in front of a hotel? No.

I snapped this photo of a game in the arcade at New York New York:


Come on. How inappropriate is this? The sinking Titanic as the theme of a "stop the lights with a button push" carnival game? I mean, can you picture a hundred years from now this same kind of machine with smoking, collapsing World Trade Center towers inside that glass dome?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I visited Vegas back in 2002 and had the same reaction to that hideous thing! what the frak were they thinking!!! I've seen that particular machine a few other places since then (one of them is in Busch Gardens Williamsburg)

makes me wonder if it's purposefully made to be horrible so that people would be more likely to remember it or play it in a "I can't believe I put a token in this thing!" kinda way?

the mole

Sangediver said...

And did it keep me from trying it?

Nope...

I expect first class tickets to hell.