Thursday, December 18, 2008

Scarlett Fever

With the rise of eBay, we've seen that people will sell just about anything. More disturbing is the fact that people will buy just about anything.

But a tissue that Scarlett Johansson used to blow her nose? EWWWWW!!

And what's worse is, this is not a random eBay auction by someone who went through her trash or something. This is NBC, actually taking the Kleenex she used on The Tonight Show and selling it. Who the hell at the network thought this was a good idea?

At least the proceeds (scary to think there will be any) will be benefiting a charity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird Al has a song titled "eBay" (to the tune "I want it that way") and one of the verses goes
"Kleenex used by Dr. Dre, found it on e-Bay!" that was back in 2003
so snot collecting is not new to eBay.

but yeah this is creepy stalker territory for sure. some future criminal is like "I can't believe they are catering to my outrageously disgusting perversion!" (um, no offense to any snot collectors. there might be a whole sub-culture I'm not aware of!)

the mole

Roland Deschain said...

Hey, why not?
Most of the programming on NBC lately blows anyway.

HA! See what I did there?

It'd be funnier if it wasn't true. This is still a better 5 minutes of entertainment than suffering through an hour of Heroes....

What sick bastard is going to start trying to clone Scarlett Johannsons and get arrested for it? Check back here soon. :P

Cush1978 said...

I remember attending a Star Trek Convention for The Company in Newport News where they auctioned off a styrofoam cup with Nichelle Nichols' lip print on it that she had discarded at another convention. Of course, it only got to $35 before I stopped paying attention.

Jason said...

Mike, I was going to make that exact same comment. Damn you! :)

I did not, however, remember how much it sold for or even that it got to $35. I stopped paying attention long before you did.