Saturday, June 05, 2010

Funeral Service

A nice funeral service for my brother-in-law today, the only notable flaw being the unfathomable heat in the chapel area where it was being held. I hope I'm not being too inappropriate here, but when the makeup on the man of the hour is actually melting a little bit, you might want to see about cranking the air conditioning.

To everyone who has sent good thoughts to me and my family in the last week, I appreciate it. It's been wonderful to know how many people care. Thank you.

A lot of people I know have been having a rough couple weeks here of late, with still more bad news arriving just in the last 48 hours. So I'm really hoping in more ways than one that things can really just move on and that we can all just have some good times for a stretch.

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

The heat was stifling - but it was good to see so many people. Personally, I know I learned some things about him that I didn't know previously. I know he joked about how few friends he had - and today proved that nothing was further from the truth.

And a hearty huzzah to things settling down for a stretch. We could all do with some calmness, a glass of lemonade, a lawn chair, and some laughs. Everyone.