Monday, February 28, 2011

The Hits Keep Coming

It turns out I wasn't the only one to think that last night's Academy Awards ceremony was a giant dud. A great article this morning over at Movieline offered up the 9 Most Scathing Reviews of the ceremony.

I especially like #9, for being a more succinct and biting commentary on James Franco's cardboard delivery than I could manage. And also #8, for someone having the courage to say what I couldn't bring myself to last night: Kirk Douglas was creepy and awkward. I didn't want to disparage a survivor of a stroke, but there were many facets of the discomfort in watching him besides just that one.

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

I saw someone joke that they should have Kirk Douglas and Dick Clark host next year...I'm going to hell because I laughed. :P