Monday, February 07, 2011

That's Not True! That's Impossible!

It seems that the real MVP of the Super Bowl was the little six-year-old boy dressed as Darth Vader in the Volkswagen commercial that had everyone talking:



Personally, I don't see the big deal. Maybe it's because I'm so jaded about Star Wars at this point that it extends even to something like this. Maybe it's because I've haven't raised a six-year-old boy. I thought this commercial was basically a "whatever," and not a big one at that.

Then things went to the next level this morning, when the child actor, Max Page, was "unmasked" on The Today Show. This would have been another "whatever," until a writer at Entertainment Weekly magazine pointed out the kid's uncanny resemblance to Mark Hamill, Luke Skywalker himself.

"No... I am your grandson."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw a news report on the kid, apparently he had open heart surgery when he was like 3 months old and had a pacemaker installed. so does that fit the theme of technology saving his life like it did for Vader? (the news report had the kid meeting James Earl Jones which was cute, too)

personally my favorite add was the doritos spot with the guy saying "are you going to finish that?" I literally LOL'd for several minutes it was the perfect mix of "gross!" and "OMG that's so true!"

the mole