Thursday, October 13, 2011

#1 With a Bullet

So last night, I'm settling in to watch some with some company, and I hear this noisy cricket on my side patio doing its thing. I'm certain I'm never going to find the thing to deal with it, but I'm too annoyed not to at least try. Of course, we didn't find the cricket.

We did find a bullet.

An unfired, 9mm Luger bullet, just sitting on my patio by the grill.

What. The. Hell?

I suppose it's possible that someone has taken out a hit on me and this is some sort of warning. Or maybe a time-traveling Nazi was hiding on my patio and dropped it there.

I think the most likely explanation is that the people living in the condo above me were messing with this out on their patio and dropped it. Or maybe it was carried there by this particular cat in my complex that seems to sometimes get confused and think it lives at my place. (Now and then, it stops at my porch and meows to be let in.)

I don't particularly feel like knocking on my upstairs neighbor's door to say, "hey, is this your bullet?" But I'm not sure I want to just throw a bullet in the trash, either. So for the moment, it's just sitting here on my mantle, perhaps waiting for a few dozen compatriots to show up to make an interesting necklace or belt or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's creepy as hell.

FKL