Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Casting "Day 6"

If you want to remain completely, 100% unspoiled about the upcoming sixth season of 24, then turn away now. I hope by now you know I generally try to avoid spoilers, so it should be clear I'm not giving away much if I say I'm not giving away anything I myself regret knowing. Still, fair warning. I'm going to name drop a few actors who have been cast to appear next year in new roles.

LAST CHANCE

The news broke this week that Jack Bauer's father will be appearing next season, played by James Cromwell (of Babe, Star Trek: First Contact, and many more). Maybe not as fun as stunt casting Donald Sutherland would have been, but still a fine actor for a choice role.

But even more exciting to me (since the name of my blog is largely inspired by this guy), Eddie Izzard will be appearing in some sort of "bad guy" role. Frankly, knowing any more than that would be more than I would want to know. I'm psyched enough as it is. Not that I'm expecting him to start mugging to the camera about Englebert Humperdinck or beekeeping... but it still ought to be a fun ride. I hope he lasts a few episodes before Jack Bauer or some higher-up-in-the-conspiracy villain kills him.

4 comments:

Shocho said...

I hope Jack needs some matches arranged. I can't wait!

Roland Deschain said...

I read this yesterday and my first response was: I swear to all that is holy, if I once see a car with a dog with long ears hanging out the window as Eddie is driving down the street...I'm gonna lose it. :P

Or if the plot in any way involves un bomb en un autobus. :D

Anonymous said...

Damn you Dr. Heimlich...

I can't read your blog today... dificult to avert my eyes when curiosity overwhelms me. I didn't even read the comments written her. Stop your madness

GiromiDe said...

The only reason Donald Sutherland wasn't cast was that he wouldn't create a new Trek-to-24 link.