Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What an Incredible Smell You've Discovered

I stayed on in Indianapolis for a few days after GenCon to visit with family that lives out there. (I head back to Denver tomorrow.) It's been a fun, relaxing time -- made even more so by the fact that I got out of the downtown area immediately around the convention center.

I don't know what it is, but in the evenings in the center of downtown, this absolutely horrible smell starts wafting up from the grates. It was like clockwork, everyday we were there -- starting up sometime around sundown, and gone by the time we were hunting for breakfast in the morning. Just terrible. My "rich friend" (shout-out!) said it smelled like a used baby diaper wrapped in bacon. I've decided it might be closer to the Kentucky Derby winner falling into the ditch beneath an outhouse.

In any case, as many nice things as I could say about Indianapolis, I have to warn people away from the downtown area after dark.

Unless of course it was just the massive influx of gamers into the area. I have no idea why most gamers seem to have such an aversion to showering.

2 comments:

GiromiDe said...

I don't understand the hygiene thing either. If you have to sit in confined spaces for long periods of time, you'd think the first thing on their minds is at least starting clean. It's definitely worth a college study.

Sangediver said...

Well, for one, showering seriously cuts into gaming time. Plus there are no smells online - avatars always smell clean and sexy.