Sunday, September 09, 2007

Lumos!

Sometimes, the toys are just too cool for only the kids to have them. The Noble Collection, which has previously released replicas of just about every major character's wand from the Harry Potter movies, has totally upped the ante with this: The Illuminating Wand. When you flick the wand, the tip lights up.

My friend who works at a bookstore recently picked one up, even though her store had previously sold out of them in the 24 hours after the release of Deathly Hallows. For whatever silly reason (I'm going to go with "I've never heard of eBay"), some lady returned one she'd purchased to the bookstore, and my friend quickly snatched it up.

I imagine it sounds like first year Charms class over at her house these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you've seen one of those "really good" $100 lightsabers somewhere by now. is this the Harry Potter equivalent?

the mole

DrHeimlich said...

I suppose it would be... with the key difference that I can justify spending between $30 and $50 for one of these. I don't think I can stomach $100 on a lightsaber.

Especially not now that George Lucas has raped my childhood.