Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tales from the Internets 4

It's been a while since I last took a look at some of the strange Google searches that have brought people here to the blog. In that time, I've had some truly weird ones.

Threadneedle Faire - I've had three different people use various words coupled with this phrase ("Williamsburg" and "Busch") to wind up here at my blog. Which I find unfathomable, because I have no idea what the Threadneedle Faire is, and this is the first time I have ever mentioned it on my blog.

slap bet commissioner shirt - Ever since I casually mentioned owning one of these t-shirts in another post, I've had steady hits about it. Sorry folks, but they were available for a limited time from Glarkware, and they've been long gone. And I'm sure I'm going to get more hits about this in the weeks ahead, now that How I Met Your Mother has begun its Slap Countdown.

oreo denzel washington - Celebrity dessert fetishes will have to be satisfied on someone else's blog.

sweet torture - Must be all those 24 posts that brought this person here. But I don't think I want to know what he was really looking for.

felicity huffman clunk - Hey buddy, I happen to think she's pretty damn talented.

"does it come in" size - Does what come in size... and what size? Wait, don't answer that.

delivering democracy desert t-bag - What version of Prison Break is this person watching?

How to get miis sick - I don't know... I guess create one with a case of chicken pox and set it to "mingle"?

breathless with bad wisdom tooth - Sounds like the signature on a letter to the American Dental Association's version of Penthouse Forum. (I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but I swear every word of it is true. One time in my office, I was drilling one of my patients...)

4 comments:

Cush1978 said...

Threadneedle Faire used to be (small) part of Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. They had outdoor stage plays and a couple games (I remember an archery game where you shot a crossbow). Obviously, it had a medieval theme.

It's been gone for quite a few years. It doesn't explain why people are looking for it on your blog, but at least you know what it is/was now.

Anonymous said...

I miss the Threadneedle Faire. it's been gone for a while now but the dunking booth guys were legendary with their smarmy english-accented taunting. And yeah the *real* crossbows were very cool.

the mole

DrHeimlich said...

Thanks for the info on the Threadneedle Faire. I visited Busch Gardens a few times while I lived in Virginia, but somehow missed that.

Cush1978 said...

I'm pretty sure it was gone by the time you moved here.