Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Khan You Hear What I Hear?

For years, Hallmark has been making Star Trek ornaments for the Christmas trees of all the uber-Star Trek geeks out there. I thought they'd peaked a few years back with the Seven of Nine ornament, but then "giromide" e-mailed me about this year's ornament:


That's right. It's not the Reliant. It's not Admiral Kirk or Captain Spock or anything so mundane. This is a whole scene from Star Trek II captured in ornament form. It's not a Christmas decoration, it's a diorama!

And before you ask -- no, I'm not getting one. I'm a big geek, to be sure, but I draw the line before this. (Or should I say, "the line must be drawn here!!!!"?)

5 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

"Reliant's prefix number is 16309."


That's all I'm gonna say to reaffirm my geekness.

And no I'm not going to get one either. :P

Jared said...

The dumb part is the voices don't match the script!

showing my geekness!

Anonymous said...

the Hallmark ship ornaments are some of the coolest little models around. they are so accurate and light up and stuff.

not too excited about the diorama style ornament. it's geeky-cool for sure but I just don't know about it hanging on a tree is all... maybe just an excuse to make desk-decorations?

the mole

Sangediver said...

Where would you put it?

Looks like the ornament is bigger than your tree!

MidnightLich said...

The title of this post made me wince. Well played, sir.