Saturday, December 01, 2007

Time is Relative

I only subscribe to one magazine, Entertainment Weekly. I don't know if other magazines are like this, but it seems like EW is constantly trying to get me to renew my subscription -- regardless of how long it's going to be before it actually expires.

Literally six months away from the end of my current subscription, I got my first notice to "Renew Now!"

Four months away came, "Hurry, before time runs out!"

Last week, three months away from the expiration of my subscription, I actually received an issue wrapped in an extra paper cover telling me it's time to renew.

I'm curious to see what they might escalate to next, but I'm also thinking I really ought to just renew (because I do intend to) to shut these people up and make them stop wasting trees to send me all these damn notices.

2 comments:

GiromiDe said...

I'm giving up my Wired subscription after several years. I just don't see much point to getting the printed version any more.

Jason said...

Funny this conversation should be taking place just a day after this was linked on Fark.