Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bike Hero

I have absolutely no words to describe how frakkin' crazy the following video is:


First of all, I don't think even I love Rock Band half as much as this guy clearly loves Guitar Hero, and that's saying something. I'm not sure I'll ever love anything as much as this guy loves Guitar Hero.

Secondly, I can't even imagine where you'd come up with the idea for something like this. The amount of planning involved makes the whole "I'm gonna write the words to that Daft Punk song on my body in Magic Marker" thing seem playschool by comparison.

Thirdly, the sheer number of takes it must have required to get the lights on the bike to stay in synch with the symbols on the ground makes my head hurt.

Finally, note that he roped his friends into participating puts it over the top. (Shooting off streamers when he hits "star power," holding up the "You Rock" banner at the end, and so forth.)

Nuts! And awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am both fascinated by the act and disappointed that such will and efforts were spent on something so fleeting.

Anonymous said...

it always amazes me the stuff that's on YouTube that people could have got PAID for. that was so awesomely complicated they should have done it for a skit on some TV show.

I am impressed that there was other automobile traffic that did not get in the way of the um, song.

50 on the left hand and 100 on the right hand, and 500 when he put his hands together that was hilarious.

the mole

Roland Deschain said...

If I had done that, I would have failed just like playing the game. This would probably have involved a bike wreck around 100 points. :P

But holy bleep! The time and effort put into that is astounding! I don't think there's anything in my life that I've ever contemplated putting that much effort into that I wasn't getting paid for. Wow.

Anonymous said...

whether or not Bike Hero was deliberately created to be a viral video, it still rocks... i could not tell at any point that it was fake