Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nicks in Frost

By my measure, winter officially came to Denver today. Today was not the first snowfall; we had that last week (at an unusually late time in the year for Denver). In fact, today it didn't snow down here out of the mountains at all.

But what we did have was that mean overnight frost from the night before. I went out to my car this morning and found one of those impregnable layers of ice on all my windows. If you live in a more northerly locale, you'll know what I'm talking about. This is no mere "scrape the windows quickly and be on your way" ice. I'm talking "put the heater on full blast for several minutes, and still all you can do is make a few nicks and scratch designs in the surface with your scraper" ice. Not fun stuff, that.

We had a good run, but winter is now here, as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my garage. :o)

-Guess Who