Saturday, May 21, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 17

Day 17: A song that you hear often on the radio.

I really don't ever listen to the radio anymore. (Given the state of the industry, it's clear I'm hardly alone in this regard.) Ever since I got a car stereo that lets me connect my iPod, that's my traveling music of choice; yet even before that, I would more often listen to CDs than radio.

It's been so long since I've regularly listened to radio that I decided the best way to illustrate would be to pick for this category a song that was played often on the radio at the time I last listened regularly. I decided on "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5.



Mind you, this was a big radio hit off their first album, and there have been two since. Not exactly current.

There is one other possible take I considered on this category. I go to trivia night at a local bar a couple times a month. The format is that a question is asked, then you have the duration of one song to turn in an answer for your team. The DJ/host of this event only seems to have about 50 songs on his iPod, and since it takes around 25 songs to get through one trivia night, that means a lot of repetition. So if that guy counts as "radio," I'd have to pick something by Red Hot Chili Peppers, like "Give It Away."

No comments: